There are a few options available to change email addresses for contacts in your account.
Update a single contact record to have a new email address
The most common method is to perform a one-off update to the contact record in your account. Follow these steps to change the email address for one contact.
1. Navigate to the Contacts dashboard.
2. Enter the email address in the search box to locate it.
3. One the returned record, hover over it to see the "Edit" button.
4. On the open contact record locate the "Email" field.
5. Type in the new email address for the contact.
6. Click the "Save" button.
These steps will keep the contact's previous mailing and engagement history intact.
Update multiple records to have a new email address
In order to change a contact's email address through import, you will need to have a External System ID (UserID_) associated with each contact. This ID must be unique for each email address for this functionality to work as expected.
This method will create irrevocable changes to contact data. Please contact our Support team for assistance in determining if this is the right method for you.