Incorporating Clickstream data in automations is a great way to create personalized journeys for your audience. Because Clickstream tracks post-email web visitor activity data (and purchases, if configured), you can send targeted email campaigns based on that behavior. In this article we'll walk through how-to use the Viewed condition step in Automation.
1. When creating your automation workflow, add the "Viewed" condition as a step in the journey. (You can also start the automation with the Viewed condition.)
2. Select the mailing for the viewed clause. Or, leave set to "Any mailing".
3. The "Url" menu will populate all URLs that have been viewed for all mailings, or the selected mailing. To choose one or more URLs from the drop-down, check the box to the left of each listed URL. Click the + icon to add selected URLs.
- Use "Select All" to include all pages that have been viewed.
- To import a list of pages to evaluate for the clause, click the paperclip icon.
- To remove a URL selected for the clause, click on it and then click the red x icon.
- If you setup your webpages to use tags, a method to groups similar pages, use the Tags menu instead of the Web Page menu. See this article to learn more about setting up Clickstream.
4. Select the "Re-evaluate for a specified timeframe or until conditions are met" box to allow the system to continue to watch for Clickstream views. Set a specified timeframe or leave the timeframe blank to re-evaluate as long as the automation is running.
Clickstream features depend on your license package. For more information on licenses, please visit https://www.delivra.com/pricing or email our Client Success team.
Article is closed for comments.