Subject lines will be exported as long as they have been included in the report view. However, Excel may not support some of the characters by default.
If the exported file is opened in your Excel program in a specific way post download, Excel will retain and display most characters correctly. Follow the steps outlined below using an export from Tracking Statistics as the example.
- In the Tracking Statistics report, use the export option to "Export All to Excel". Note where the download is saved, but do not open it yet.
- Open the Excel application on your device.
- Open a new worksheet.
- Click on "Data" from the worksheet menu.
- Then choose the "From Text/CSV" icon (top left).
- A pop-up will display to choose the file saved to your device.
- Select the appropriate file name and click "Import".
- Excel will display it's Import Wizard.
- In "File origin" drop-down select "65001 : Unicode (UTF-8)".
- In the "delimiter" drop-down select "Comma".
- Click "Finish" or "Transform Data" button.
The steps above may vary based on the version of Excel you're device is running.