It is possible to update a file stored in the Media Library with a new file while maintaining the previous file's storage path, thus preserving URL that was used to link to that file in an email. In this article we will outline how-to overwrite an existing Media Library file with a new file.
- Ensure that the file to be uploaded to replace the existing file has the exact name.
- Navigate to Assets and select "Media Library" from the left-hand menu.
- Click the "Upload File" button.
- Ensure that the "Overwrite Files that exist with the same name" is checked.
- Ensure that the storage folder is the same as the originally uploaded file. If not, a new storage path will be created and the original file will not be overwritten.
- Click the "Upload" button to complete the process.
- Browser caching is typically the most common cause of not being able to see the new file. If you previously opened the linked PDF on your machine, your Browser will remember the old version. To correct this, the cache of your browser must be cleared, which should allow the new file to be seen.
- The same is true for any recipients of the campaign who clicked the link before the Media Library file was updated.
- Recipients of the campaign that have not yet clicked the link should see the new PDF.