What is the Yahoo Feedback Loop?
The Yahoo Feedback Loop (YFL) is the mechanism that Yahoo uses to notify Email Service Providers when a recipient has marked and email as spam. Completing this process allows your ESP to automatically unsubscribe recipients who mark your email as spam from your email list. This is done to help protect your domain’s sending reputation and deliverability by preventing emails from being sent to contacts who have marked your content as spam in the past.
For more information, visit Yahoo’s FAQ page: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/yahoo-complaintfeedback-loop-service-faq-sln26007.html
Setup a Yahoo Feedback Loop for your Domain
- Click this link to navigate to the YFL form: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster
- Click on ‘Complaint Feedback Loop’.
- Fill out the form with your information, except for the below fields:
- Reporting Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selector: found in the UI Domain Keys page, see image below.
- Once you fill out the form, click ‘Get Verification Code.’
- An email will be sent to postmaster@your_domain that contains the verification code.
- Once that email is received, paste the code into the form to complete the setup.
See these related authentication articles in our Help Center.