Depending on how the SMS contact entered the system will determine if there is a link between that subscriber's email and SMS records. Generally speaking, CSV import of SMS contacts (including the associated email address) can link the two records while a single opt-in via personal mobile device may not.
Not linked examples
- A subscribe form only collects email address or SMS phone number & authorization.
- Your opt-in process setup for the keyword does not include asking for an email address.
- A subscribe form collects both email address and SMS phone number & authorization.
- An import of data where the file contains both email address and SMS phone number.
- An API call that adds an SMS contact and includes EmailAddress as a field in the call