With our SMS program, you can easily prepare and import a CSV file. Below we will walk through the steps to import a CSV file of SMS contact records into an account.
1. Navigate to the Contacts Dashboard. On the Contacts page, flip the Email/SMS toggle to SMS.
2. At the top-right of the page, click the Import SMS Contacts button.
3. Click the "Select" button and browse to find your CSV file.
4. Make sure to select the checkbox "I verify that all contacts that are being imported have opted in".
5. Under the "Map Data" section make sure your import data is mapped to the correct SMS field.
NOTE: adding an email address will opt the subscriber in to email communications and tie the SMS and email contact records together.
6. Under Import into SMS Program choose the correct long/short code and keyword combination.
7. Click Import.
SMS contacts cannot be added during the Import Contacts (Email) process. There must be a dedicated SMS import.