With our SMS program, you can easily prepare and import a CSV file. Below we will walk through the steps to import a CSV file of SMS contact records into an account.
1. Navigate to the Contacts Dashboard. On the Contacts page, flip the Email/SMS toggle to SMS.
2. At the top-right of the page, click the "Import SMS Contacts" button.
3. Click the "Select" button and browse to find your CSV file from your computer.
4. Then, select the checkbox "I verify that all contacts that are being imported have opted in". This checkbox is required to be marked in the import process for SMS contacts.
5. After file has been uploaded, additional tiles will appear on the page. Under the "Map Data" section make sure your import data is mapped to the correct SMS fields.
7. Under "Import into SMS Program" choose the correct long/short code and keyword combination, if necessary. If your account has only one keyword connected, it will be chosen by default.
8. Click the "Import" button.
- SMS contacts cannot be added through the import process for Email contacts. There must be a dedicated SMS import.
- Adding an email address will opt the subscriber in to email communications and tie the SMS and email contact records together. This is important if you want to use email data in SMS segments or send SMS campaigns in an automation that contains email and SMS campaign types.