When creating a SMS campaign you can merge data stored on the SMS contact record, or data stored on the Email contact record (if the email and SMS contacts are linked in the system).
1. Navigate to Campaigns and create a new (or edit existing) SMS campaign.
2. Under the "SMS Message" box (Step 1) click "Add Merge" button:
3. Click to select the field to merge from the drop-down:
- Email contact data can be merged only if the email record is linked to the SMS record.
- Be mindful of characters when choosing merges as they count toward your total character limit for the SMS campaign. For instance, are you storing first name and middle initial (or middle name spelled out) in the field? Chances are, you will max out your characters.
Article is closed for comments.