You can create a custom automated message to new SMS contacts in order to welcome the new subscriber. An Automated campaign of this type can be used with subscribe forms, initiated through a CSV import of SMS contacts, or through API.
1. Navigate to the Campaigns dashboard.
2. Click "Create Campaign" button, top-right corner of the page.
3. Enter campaign name, set campaign type (SMS) and type of SMS (Welcome):
4. Type or paste desired message into the SMS Message box on left:
5. Click Save and Next.
6. To test (Step 2), choose an available administrator. Ensure the chosen administrator has a mobile number saved to their profile.
7. Click Test and Next.
8. To activate (Step 3), set the campaign to Running.
- SMS welcome campaign types are applicable to contacts added via CSV import or through a subscribe form that indicates the welcome should be sent upon form submission. These campaigns will not be sent to contacts that subscribe to your SMS keyword from their mobile device.
- For API users, a configured SMS Welcome message can be sent when contacts are added via API but requires that the SMS contact be added as the needs-hello status. Visit API documentation here.