You can create a custom automated message to new SMS contacts in order to welcome the new subscriber. An Automated campaign of this type can be used with subscribe forms or initiated through a CSV import of SMS contacts.
1. Navigate to the Campaigns dashboard.
2. Click "Create Campaign" button, top-right corner of the page.
3. Enter campaign name, set campaign type (SMS) and type of SMS (Welcome):
4. Type or paste desired message into the SMS Message box on left:
5. Click Save and Next.
6. To test (Step 2), choose an available administrator. Ensure the chosen administrator has a mobile number saved to their profile.
7. Click Test and Next.
8. To activate (Step 3), set the campaign to Running.
1. SMS welcome campaign types are applicable to contacts added via CSV import or through a subscribe form that indicates the welcome should be sent upon form submission. These campaigns will not be sent to contacts that subscribe to your SMS keyword from their mobile device.
2. For API users, a configured SMS Welcome message can be sent when contacts are added via API but requires that the SMS contact be added as the needs-hello status. Visit API documentation here.