Google Analytics can show activity from your sent emails through use of UTM tags. These UTM parameters are appended to the links in your sent campaigns. We offer default UTM tags, however, you may prefer to use your own.
Default UTM tags
The following list are the default UTM tags applied and their descriptions.
Utm_source = delivra
Utm_medium = ‘email’ when the link is in an email, and ‘sms’ when the link is in a text message
Utm_campaign = campaign name
Utm_id = campaign id
Utm_term = tooltip specified for the link
Use custom UTM tracking tags
In order to use your own UTM tags you will need to first turn off the default tracking tags. Here's how:
1. Go to Settings > Account Management > General Account Settings.
2. Click the Settings tab. (left)
3. Locate "Add Google Analytics tracking tags" and un-check the box.
Then, you can apply your own tags in your campaigns. Here's how:
1. Navigate to your email template or campaign and open it.
2. Edit any hyperlink whether text, image, or button.
3. Append your custom "utm" tags (with their values) to the end of the URL. For example, the link http://www.google.com becomes http://www.google.com?&utm_source=YayEmail&utm_medium=EmailSendsFromDelivra&utm_campaign=20200201_product_update&utm_content=product_launch_feb_20_marketing&utm_term=ProductReleaseNotesPDF
4. Repeat for all hyperlinks.