You can create a custom automated message to new SMS contacts in order to confirm their subscription. An automated campaign of this type can be used with subscribe forms or initiated through a CSV import of SMS contacts. This type of message is also known as a "double opt-in".
1. Navigate to the Campaigns dashboard.
2. Click "Create Campaign" in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Enter campaign name, set campaign type (SMS) and type of SMS (Confirmed Opt-In):
4. Type or paste desired message into the SMS Message box on left:
5. Click Save and Next.
6. To test (Step 2), choose an available administrator. Ensure the chosen administrator has a mobile number saved to their profile.
7. Click Test and Next.
8. To activate (Step 3), set the campaign to Running.
1. The recipient of a confirmation mailing will be placed in a contact status of 'needs-confirm'. The recipient must respond to the message to be opted-in and placed in the normal status. If they don't respond to the message, no SMS messages will be sent to them.
2. Though the example message above indicates the response need is Y, any reply to the SMS confirmation message will opt the subscriber into the SMS keyword.