You can create a custom automated message to new SMS contacts in order to confirm their subscription. An automated campaign of this type can be used with subscribe forms or initiated through a CSV import of SMS contacts. This type of message is also known as a "double opt-in".
1. Navigate to the Campaigns dashboard.
2. Click "Create Campaign" in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Enter campaign name, set campaign type (SMS) and type of SMS (Confirmed Opt-In):
4. Type or paste desired message into the SMS Message box on left:
5. Click Save and Next.
6. To test (Step 2), choose an available administrator. Ensure the chosen administrator has a mobile number saved to their profile.
7. Click Test and Next.
8. To activate (Step 3), set the campaign to Running.
- The recipient of a confirmation mailing will be placed in a contact status of 'needs-confirm'. The recipient must respond to the message to be opted-in and placed in the normal status. If they don't respond to the message, no SMS messages will be sent to them.
- Though the example message above indicates the response need is Y, any reply to the SMS confirmation message will opt the subscriber into the SMS keyword.
- The API does not support the ability to add SMS contacts as any status other than normal.