There are four main types of email available on our platform: regular, automated, a/b test, and SMS. Availability of these campaign types depends on your license and other products purchased.
This article covers the definition and purpose of each type and their various sub-types.
This is the most common email type. Regular emails are one-time, dedicated sends to a specific segment of contacts. This includes promotional emails, newsletters, alerts and announcements, and more.
Automated campaigns encompass all campaign types that send multiple times or are scheduled in advance to run on a set cadence or in reaction to a relevant date or action taken by the subscriber. The different types of automated emails are:
- Welcome: An automated hello, or welcome type can be set up to send automatically to all new subscribers at the account level or connected to a specific form. The purpose of this campaign is to welcome a new subscriber to your list, thank them for their interest, provide initial value, and set expectations for subsequent campaigns.
It is more common to send Welcome messages using a particular segment and the Triggered campaign sub-type.
- Confirmed Opt-In: Also called a "double opt-in", this automated sub-type can be set account-wide to send to any contact that is added in "needs confirm" status.
Confirmed Opt-In emails must include a Confirmation link for recipients to choose to confirm their subscription. Clicking this link will move subscribers from "confirm" to "regular" status.
- Triggered: This is the most common automated email sub-type. Triggered campaigns are paired with triggered segments to react to a specific demographic date (like birthday, join date, anniversary, event date/time) or subscriber action (opened, did not opened, clicked a specific link).
Triggered campaigns can be set up to run at a regular cadence like daily, weekly, etc.
- API: The API type includes emails created and scheduled via API OR emails created specifically for automated journeys. While automated journeys can start with a regular, triggered, or SMS message (or an event), all subsequent emails must be "API" type.
API messages will not include any scheduling information as they are attached to automated journeys.
- Lead Alert: Lead Alerts are a specific type of email found in automated journeys. These messages are meant to be sent to your internal team/s to communicate that a subscriber or lead has taken a specific action or received a particular message.
A/B Test emails
A/B Test (or Split Test) emails allow you to send two or more variations of your email out to a specific portion of your target segment to allow you to determine the most effective version before sending to the entire segment.
You can choose to manually send out the winner (meaning you wait a certain amount of time, review the results, and send the most popular campaign out yourself) or set our system to send the winner out automatically based on pre-selected criteria and timing.
You can choose to test Subject Lines (meaning one or more subject lines are sent out to determine which gets the most opens) or Email Design (meaning multiple versions of the email design are sent out to determine which drives more clicks).
SMS is an add-on feature on our platform that allows you to send SMS messages to your SMS subscribers. Like email campaigns, you can choose from Regular or Triggered campaign types.
- Regular: a dedicated, one-time send to a specific SMS segment or segments.
- Triggered: a campaign that runs on a regular cadence to react to a demographic date (join date, birthday, event date/time, etc) or action taken by the subscriber (click, open, etc).
- Welcome: Send a welcome greeting to new SMS subscribers added to your account with minimal set up.
- Confirmed Opt-In: Protect your deliverability with a friendly subscription confirmation text message. Subscribers who do not reply to confirm their subscription remain in "confirm" status.
Visit our e-Learning hub for online modules to learn more about campaigns & other Delivra features.
For information about features available by license, please visit https://www.delivra.com/pricing or email our Client Success team.
Article is closed for comments.