Depending on your SMS use you may want to trigger a SMS message to your contacts based on a date or action taken. Setting up a SMS triggered segment and campaign follows the same process as setting them up for emails.
- Navigate to the Contacts Dashboard and choose "Segments" from the left-hand side.
- Choose SMS from the toggle at the top of the segment table:
- Click the "Create SMS Segment" button at the top-right of the page.
- Choose "Triggered Segment" from the pop-up option box.
- Name your segment and give it a description (descriptions are optional).
- If you have multiple keywords, you will need to choose which keyword you would like to create the segment for using the ShortCode/ Keyword drop-down.
- Choose your trigger event using the Select Field drop-down.
If you would like to trigger off of a date or time saved on the email contact record, make sure your records are synced (done by either having the SMS subscriber enter their email during sign up OR by adding your SMS subscribers via API).
- Add any other filters you would like, such as location, etc.
- Click Save and Test. The test will ask you to choose Trigger dates.
These are only to pull users who meet your event/date requirements for a certain timeline for testing purposes.
- You must have SMS enabled for your account to use this feature.
- As noted in Step 7, if you would like to trigger off of a date or time saved on the email contact record, make sure your records are synced (done by either having the SMS subscriber enter their email during sign up OR by adding your SMS subscribers via API).
- Triggered SMS messages can also be used to kick off Automation journeys.
Article is closed for comments.