While creating your target audience for a campaign you may want to evaluate category membership for multiple categories at once. For example, an industry event invitation may go to subscribers signed up for both your "Industry News" and "Events" categories but not your "Newsletter" subscribers.
- Navigate to the Contacts dashboard. Select "Segments" from the left-hand side.
- Click "Create New Segment" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Choose whether this will be a regular segment (for a regular campaign/ dedicated send) or a triggered segment (for a campaign triggered off of a date, action, or category/s join).
- Name your segment and give it a description (descriptions are optional).
- Open the "Select Field" drop-down and search "Category". Select either the "In Category" or "Not In Category" option, depending on your use case.
- You will see two options for your "operators", either "A selected category" or "All selected categories". These mean:
- A selected category: subscribers are members of only one of the categories selected.
- All selected categories: subscribers are members of ALL categories selected in the next step.
- Click on the last box. This will open a list of your categories to allow you to select the relevant ones.
- Once you've finished creating your clauses, hit Save and Test.