Love what you are sending? Need to save a campaign for resend later? An in-editor option will allow you to save a draft or sent campaign as a template.
DRAFT CAMPAIGN HOW-TO:
- Navigate to your draft campaign.
- Click "Edit" and proceed to Step 2: Design
- Choose "Save Design as Template" from the right-side editor
Name your template and save it to the template folder of your choosing. This template will be a "draft" template until manually completed.
If you simply want to send the campaign again with minor changes, we recommend cloning the campaign instead.
SENT CAMPAIGN HOW-TO:
- Navigate to the Campaigns Dashboard and set your filters to show Sent Campaigns.
- Click "View".
- On the "View Outgoing" page, click the "Save Design as Template" button.
Again, if you are looking for a quick, one-time resend with minimal changes we recommend you simply clone the campaign rather than save as a template.
What if your campaign is older that 45 days?
We only show campaigns that have been sent in the last 45 days on your Campaign Dashboard. But that doesn't mean you cannot save an older campaign as a template! Instead of finding it on the Campaigns Dashboard, you will need to find the campaign via the Find Campaigns search or the Analytics Dashboard.
FIND CAMPAIGNS HOW-TO
- Navigate to the Campaigns Dashboard. On the top left of the campaigns table click the magnifying glass icon.
- Enter any of the following search criteria: campaign type (can be more than one), sent date range, campaign name, subject line, or segment. Click Search.
- Any campaigns that meet your criteria will appear at the bottom of the page:
- Hover over the campaign in question and choose "Clone" from the drop-down.
ANALYTICS DASHBOARD HOW-TO:
- Navigate to the Analytics Dashboard.
- On the left-hand side choose "Campaigns". Select the Tracking Statistics report.
- Using the Search box, search for the name of your past campaign. You may also find it easier to use the filters available in the report via the Report Options button.
- Once you've located the campaign you want to save as a template, click on the Campaign ID on the very left of the row.
- You will be taken to the View Outgoing page where you can choose "Save Design as Template".
NOTE: The Tracking Stats method for saving sent campaigns as templates will only work for Regular campaign types. For triggered and automated campaigns please see the processes above.