The term "text-to-subscribe" refers to a feature that allows contacts to subscribe to your email program via text message to their mobile device. This program requires the setup of a keyword and short/long code that is connected to your account. After these pieces have been configured you can setup customized messaging for subscribers in the Contacts dashboard of your account. These messages will be used to communicate subscription success, error, welcome, etc.
- Navigate to Contacts then click "Configuration" from the left menu.
- Use the toggle at the top left of the page to slide to the "SMS" view.
- Click on the "Test Messaging" tile.
- Open the "Shortcode / Keyword" drop-down menu. Choose your text-to-subscribe keyword. It will be indicated with - T2S.
- Type or paste messaging into the appropriate boxes. There are four types of response messages available:
- Signup response. The message initially sent when a person texts your keyword to the long/short code.
- Welcome. The message sent after the signup response.
- Already subscribed. The message sent when the person attempting to subscribe is found in the database already.
- Error. The message sent when an error occurs on the carrier side.
- Click "Save" when done.
Test out the subscription process to verify the messaging flows as you expect. Then, get the word out by including how to subscribe to your email program on social and in your office space.
Learn more about our text-to-subscribe program in this online tutorial.