Email Templates are email designs that you plan to re-use when creating Campaigns. There are two kinds of templates:
- Draft Templates: draft templates are templates that are still being created, tweaked, or approved.
- Complete Templates: these are templates that are ready for use. Only Complete templates are available to select when creating a campaign.
We recommend creating a library of template files that cover the typical layouts of the emails you send. For instance, create a template file for e-news communications, another for sales promotions, and another for product updates. The purpose of a template library is to provide a starting point that includes majority of your design elements, allowing you to quickly replace text and images when creating a campaign.
- Navigate to the Assets dashboard. It will open to your Email Templates library by default.
- Click the "Create Template" button at the top-right of the page.
- Enter the File Name and select Save and Next
- Choose how you will start the email template:
Start from Blank Start from a 1 row empty layout and build out entire
Start from Paste Paste your HTML and make any necessary edits in the HTML editor. Follow the paste wizard to complete.
Start from Upload Upload a HTML file and make any necessary edits in the HTML editor. Follow the upload wizard to complete.
Start from Template Create a new template from one of our expertly designed templates OR choose one of your own Complete templates to begin.
- Once you've chosen how to start your template, you will be taken to the drag-and-drop or HTML editor depending on which is appropriate for your choice.
- Once in the editor, make any adjustments necessary to your template. You must name the file, but are not required to give it a Sender Name or Subject line at this time.
- Once you finish your edits, click Save and Next to preview the inbox rendering (specific email client views require the Email Rendering Integration).
- Click Next to test your template. Once you are done testing you can choose Save then Cancel. This will take you back out to the Email Templates page.
1. Be sure to change the status of your email template to complete when the design is final. Click here for steps to change the template status to complete.
2. An email template must be tested at least once before it can be changed the the completed status.
3. For instructions on saving email templates to your Template Repository account, click here.
4. For instructions on saving email templates to multiple accounts, click here.
Learn more about our drag-and-drop editor.