For more information on what Lead Scoring is, please see this article: What is Lead Scoring?
While Lead Scoring can be a very effective tool in improving your marketing, setting up Lead Scoring requires strategic forethought and planning to use properly.
Before setting up Lead Scoring ensure that the values you are assigning are indicative of the kind of leads you want to pursue.
How to set up Lead Scoring for your account:
- Navigate to the Contacts Dashboard and choose Configuration on the left-hand side.
- Choose the Lead Scoring option. If you do not see Lead Scoring, make sure the feature has been enabled for your account (Enterprise License only) and your role is set to have Lead Score permissions (set by your site admin).
- Assign Demographic and Action values
- For more information on what data can be used to assign point values, please see this article: What can I use to score contacts with Lead Scoring?
- Create Lead Statuses based on your assigned point values
- You can have as many statuses as needed
- Create new Lead Statuses by clicking the "+" key on the right-side of the screen
- Your contacts' "Total Score" will be used when determining which Lead Status the contact falls into
- Set the Time Period
- Time Period includes the current month. For example, '2 Months' includes the current and previous months.
- Points assigned during the time period will be used, while points from any month outside the range will be dropped off
- Please note that this means the oldest month's data will be dropped on the first of each new month.
Note: You can assign negative points for attributes you would like to avoid. In the example below, we've assigned negative points to subscribers with titles that include "Intern" and "Student" as those are not likely to be high value leads.