Lead Scoring is a comprehensive scoring system that can be used to categorize contacts based on their demographic data and/or their activity over a period of time. Using Lead Scoring effectively will allow you to identify and prioritize which of your leads to follow-up with, which can lead to higher close rates.
Using Lead Scoring, you can assign point values to demographic fields, join or unsubscribe from a category, and past actions (or inactions), and define Lead Statuses to categorize your contacts based on their Lead Score. You can even add points to actions on specific campaigns before you send them.
Once Lead Scoring is set up, you can use the Lead Scores and Lead Status almost anywhere in the system. Some uses include:
- Segmenting your contacts based on Lead Score or Lead Status
- Transitioning contacts in or out of automations
- Adjusting lead score in automation based on actions taken (or not taken)
- Adding merge tags to emails that contain Lead Scoring data
Please see the online module to learn more.
Also, see these articles in our Help Center:
- What can I use to score contacts with Lead Scoring?
- How do I assign Lead Scoring points for my Account?
- How do I set campaign-specific scores for Lead Scoring?
- Lead Scoring is available on the Enterprise (basic features) or Enterprise Plus (advanced features) license. For more information about enabling this feature, or upgrading your license level, please contact our Client Success team.
- Lead Scoring is restricted by permissions. Any Account Administrator that needs access to Lead Scoring must have the permission enabled. The standard All Access Pass and Marketer roles have this permission included. See this help article for editing custom roles if you need to update a role to include the Lead Scoring permission.