Quick links to topics in this article:
Create profiles | Match settings | Default profile | Edit existing profiles | Delete profiles
Tip: Open the images included in this article in a new browser window for a larger view.
What is it?
"Who Sees This?" is the name of our dynamic content feature for email templates & campaigns. Dynamic content is a widely-used tactic by email marketers that allows you to send one campaign while personalizing all or parts of the email content for each recipient.
How does it work?
"Who Sees This?" relies on data stored for your subscribers in your account. For example, if you want to create a special offer for subscribers that are interested in handbags, you must either have subscribers tagged* as having an interest in handbags, or store some piece of data to their records in Delivra to indicate it.
Then, you use this information to create display profiles in your email content and when the campaign sends, each recipient's data will be evaluated to determine which content profile to display.
*tagging of subscribers to specific groups is coming soon to the dynamic profile builder!
How-To: Create profiles
Open your email template or campaign in the drag-and-drop email designer to create display profiles. You will see a "Who Sees This" section on the right-hand side of the editor. Use the (+) symbol to create a new profile.
Steps to create a new profile
Select a cell in your layout to edit.
In the Who Sees This section (right), click the (+) symbol.
This will open the profile builder pop-up.
Give your new profile a name.
Set the "Contacts that match" drop-down to match "all" or "any".
This setting will apply if/when multiple conditions are created for the profile to indicate that contacts match all criteria or any criteria.
Open the "Select field" drop-down to find the contact field or tag* to be used for the evaluation.
Open the "Select operator" drop-down to set the operator for the clause.
Operators available: equal to, not equal to, contains, null, not null, and more.
Set the value to be used for evaluation of matches.
If it's a data value, enter the data value in the box. If it's a tag*, select the tag from the menu.
If you need only one clause for the profile, click "Ok" or "Save to account" to finish. Learn more about how Save to account works.
When done, click "Ok" or "Save to account".
See the notes section below for more information on each option.
The editor will show the new profile selected for the content. Edit the email design as needed for that profile.
Note: When a profile is selected, you can edit any other cell in the design for that profile too.
Repeat all steps for additional profiles to be created.
In the profile builder, there are two additional settings to consider when building criteria: Match Any/All of the following conditions & Contacts that match.
- Match any/all of the following conditions: Applies when multiple sets of criteria have been created for the profile.
- Contacts that match: Applies to the criteria in a single set.
You may have noticed that there is a Default profile always included when you use Who Sees This. We recommend that you design for the Default profile as a fallback so that when the campaign sends, if anyone receiving the email does not meet criteria of any of the profiles created, they will see some form of content.
Note: Hide default profile setting is coming soon!
How-To: Edit profiles
You can edit the profiles you've previously created. Simply select the profile from the Who Sees This profile menu & use the pencil icon to open up the profile builder.
Steps to edit an existing profile
Choose the profile to edit by opening the Profile drop-down menu in the "Who Sees This?" section (right).
Note: When the default profile is selected, the edit icon will not be available.
When a profile is selected, click the edit icon to open the profile conditions.
Make adjustments as needed, then click "Ok" to update the profile.
Delete a profile
- You can delete profiles saved to the template or campaign by using the trash icon when a profile is selected in the Who Sees This section (right).
- When deleting a profile, you will be presented with a pop-up with these options:
- Active Cell Only will remove the profile when editing the current cell.
- This Email will remove the profile from the email template or campaign entirely.
- This Account: If the profile you want to delete is actively being used in any template or campaign, including sent campaigns, it cannot be deleted from the account.
- The default profile cannot be edited or deleted. A setting to hide the default profile is coming soon!
Notes & limitations
- Our dynamic content feature is available to customers on the Professional license or above. If you have questions about your license or features included, please email our Client Success team.
- There is no limit to the number of dynamic profiles that can be created & actively used in email templates or campaigns.
- Clicking "Save to account" when building a profile will save the profile to your account, allowing it to be used in any future email templates or campaigns without having to rebuild it. Clicking "Ok" will save the profile to the current email template or campaign. If it's needed in the future, it will need to be rebuilt in that content.
This article has been updated to reflect how-to steps in our Air platform. If you're using the legacy platform and need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.