A custom table is essentially an extension of your default data table in your account. A custom table can be created and used to store additional data for contacts and then used for CSV imports, segmentation, and merged fields in your email design.
Where Are They Used?
When a custom table exists, the table and it's data will be available:
1. On Contact records:
2. In the Choose Fields Contact View
3. In Segments:
4. Merged fields in Campaigns or Templates:
*Note: Custom table fields are also available in the Choose Fields options of certain reports.
How Are They Created?
Most custom tables can be created by the user to store both one-to-one and many-to-one (relational) data. Our development team is available for additional custom work such as calculated columns.
Custom Tables are a feature available on Enterprise licenses. Contact your Client Success Manager for more information.
To create a custom table:
- Navigate to the Contacts Dashboard.
- Choose Configuration from the left-hand navigation.
- Select Custom Tables
- Click the "Create Custom Table" action button at the top-right.
- Name your table and create your different fields with the (+) button.
- You can choose one or more Primary Keys. For relational data like tickets or orders (where there may be more than one record per email address) you will want to choose a primary key that would be unique to each record. In the example below I chose Order Number as the order is likely to be the unique value amongst these fields.
- On the right-hand side you can apply this table to any other relevant accounts you have access to.
NOTE: Once you create the table and hit Save you cannot edit existing table elements but only add more columns.