Custom Tables allow you to store relational data for your Contacts that can be utilized for advanced segmentation, campaigns and merge possibilities. If you are a Site Administrator with an Enterprise license, you can create custom tables in the Contacts dashboard of your account. Common examples uses of custom tables is to store order data, ticketing information, abandoned cart data, etc.
- Navigate to the Contacts Dashboard.
- Choose "Configuration" from the left menu.
- Select "Custom Tables".
- Click the "Create Custom Table" button (top-right).
- Choose if you want to use a Standard table, or create your own Custom table. We offer two Standard tables at this time to store commerce data or meeting data.
- If you choose Custom Table, then you will provide a name your table.
- Choose the table relationship: one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-one, or many-to-many.
- Click "Next" (top right).
- Start creating fields for the table.
- Manually enter the field name, select the field type. Click the (+) button to add the next field.
- Or, upload a CSV file with column headers.
For relational data like tickets or orders where there may be more than one record per email address, you will want to choose a primary key that would be unique to each record. In the example below I chose Order Number as the primary key for the table because the order number is likely to be the unique value amongst these fields.
- The Custom Tables permission is not included with any default account administrator Roles. A new Role would need to be created for any account administrators that need access to creating Custom Tables. To create a new role, please see this article on the How-To: How do I create or edit a Role?
- We recommend a consultation with your Client Success Manager before attempting to setup a custom table on your own.
For more information about custom tables, please see these additional help articles: