Get the flexibility to create new fields on the fly. This feature provides the ability to create custom tables for the purposes of importing additional contact data that can be referenced in segments, content, mailings, etc.
- Go to Settings
- Click Custom Tables
- Click (+) sign to add a new table
- Give the table a name
- For each new field:
- Give the field a name
- Assign the type of field it should be
- There 4 possible field types: Text, Number, Date/Time and Decimal
- Assign one field as the Primary Key (required)
- Multiple fields may be selected as Primary key
- Click Save
Note: Text fields allow up to a maximum of 4000 characters, unless they are marked as a Primary Key. Primary Keys allow a maximum of 50 characters. Text fields cannot accept special characters.
Decimal fields will allow a maximum of 2 positions to the right of the decimal.
- Custom Tables is an enabled feature available on the Enterprise License. If you would like to discuss upgrading your license or would like more information about pricing, please reach out to your Client Success Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ability to create Custom Tables is available to site administrators or account administrators who have been given this permission.
- After a custom table has been saved, the table name, primary key combination and field definitions may not be changed or deleted but new fields may be added.
The Custom Tables permission is not included with any default account administrator Roles. A new Role would need to be created for any account administrators that need access to creating Custom Tables. To create a new role, please see this article on the How-To: How do I create or edit a Role?