A default field map provides the ability to define default field mappings used during the contact import process. The import process will use the default mappings, regardless of the import method used.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Import Files & Field Mappings
- Click on the plus sign icon (on the right side)
- Give a name and description
- Select a file (must be in .csv format)
- Click Next
- Map your Data
- Assign your actions for the Define Import Rules
- Please note - Anything that you assign in this tab will also result in these actions when importing contacts. For example, if you check a box for a category for yourduring in the import process.
When you are ready to import your file and you want to use a default mapping, make sure that you title your file the same as the map. For example, if you have a default mapping field named "Sales Rep", name your csv file the same. The system will then identify and know it should using the corresponding default mapping.
If the purpose of a default field mapping is for your FTP, and you do not have a FTP directory set up, please send in a request to your Client Success Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.