Our segment action clauses allow you to use contact behavior to target recipients for additional campaigns or evaluate the next step in an Automation workflow. For segments, a common example could include the creation of a segment clause to identify contacts that viewed (a.k.a. browsed) a product on a particular web page to send a follow-up on that topic.
- Navigate to Segments in the Contacts dashboard.
- Click the "Create Email Segment" action button (top right).
- Choose whether the segments is a regular or triggered type.
- Give your segment a name and description.
- Locate and click on the "Select a Field" drop-down menu seen in the segment builder section. At the top of the menu, locate the Action section. Click "Viewed" or "Did Not View", whichever is needed for intended segment.
- Select the mailing for the viewed clause. Or, leave set to "Any mailing".
- The "Web page" menu will populate all URLs that have been viewed for all mailings, or the selected mailing. To choose one or more URLs from the drop-down, check the box to the left of each listed URL. Click the + icon to add selected URLs.
- Use "Select All" to include all pages that have been viewed.
- To import a list of pages to evaluate for the clause, click the paperclip icon.
- To remove a URL selected for the clause, click on it and then click the red x icon.
- If you setup your webpages to use tags, a method to groups similar pages, use the Tags menu instead of the Web Page menu. See this article to learn more about setting up Clickstream.
- Viewed/Did Not View & Purchased/Did Not Purchase action clauses requires implementation of our clickstream or anonymous clickstream (Enterprise Plus license) tracking integrations.
- The Purchased/Did Not Purchase action clauses are applicable to Delivra's clickstream integrations only. Purchases made via other avenues will not be included using the these segment clauses.
- If browse and purchase segments are locked in your account, and you would like more information, please contact our Client Success team.