Our segment action clauses allow you to use contact behavior to target recipients for additional campaigns. A common segment example could include a clause to identify contacts that viewed a specific product or a pricing page on a website. This segment can then be used to send a follow-up email on that topic.
- Navigate to Segments in the Contacts dashboard.
- Click the "Create Email Segment" action button (top right).
- Choose whether the segments is a regular or triggered type.
- Give your segment a name and description.
- Locate and click on the "Select Field" drop-down menu seen in the segment builder section. At the top of the menu, locate the Action section. Click "Viewed" or "Did Not View", whichever is needed for intended segment.
- Select the mailing for the viewed clause. Or, leave set to "Any mailing".
- The "Web page" menu will populate all URLs that have been viewed for all mailings, or the selected mailing. To choose one or more URLs from the drop-down, check the box to the left of each listed URL. Click the + icon to add selected URLs.
- Use "Select All" to include all pages that have been viewed.
- To import a list of pages to evaluate for the clause, click the paperclip icon.
- To remove a URL selected for the clause, click on it and then click the red x icon.
- If you setup your webpages to use tags, a method to groups similar pages, use the Tags menu instead of the Web Page menu. See this article to learn more about setting up Clickstream.
- (Optional) Use the last drop-down to set a timeframe for activity, like "anytime", "before", "within" and more.
- Click 'Ok' to insert the clause into the segment builder.
- Viewed/Did Not View & Purchased/Did Not Purchase action clauses requires implementation of our clickstream or anonymous clickstream integrations.
- The Purchased/Did Not Purchase action clauses are applicable to Delivra's clickstream integrations only. Purchases made via other avenues will not be included using the these segment clauses.
- If view and purchase segment clauses are locked in your account, and you would like more information, please contact our Client Success team.