It's important to have a thorough plan for your Drip Campaign. We suggest mapping it out before you begin --there are setup pieces that must be complete prior to building the workflow in the Automation dashboard.
1. Identify the goal for your drip campaign.
Knowing the goal will help you identify how many mailings and what actions to include in your workflow. An informative campaign may be as simple as 3 mailings plotted out across 10 days. A cross sell campaign may be more complex and include several branches in the workflow.
2. Setup all mailings to be included in your workflow.
Having all mailings created prior to starting the build will ensure a smooth process.
3. A note about mailing types:
- The kickoff (1st) mailing of your drip campaign must be a Regular, Triggered, Automated or SMS mailing type.
- All subsequent mailings must be the Automated (or SMS, if applicable) mailing type.