QR codes are commonly used in email marketing for transactional emails for ticketing & event admission. With our drag-and-drop email editor, you can easily insert a QR code into your email design to create a personalized experience for your email recipients.
To take advantage of OR codes, you will first need to understand if your event/ticketing system supports the use of QR codes.
You will also need to decide how you'll use the QR code: to provide unique information to each email recipient or provide one-code-for-all.
When you're ready to insert a QR code using our email editor, follow these steps:
- Drag the "QR Code" element (left) into your design canvas (center).
- Click on the new QR Code row to open the editor on the right.
The QR Code editor offers format & style options to customize your QR code, including:
- Adding a URL to make the QR code clickable, or merging unique stored contact information.
- Adjust width & height of displayed QR code.
You can use QR codes in a variety of ways, here are a couple ideas:
- Email passes or tickets to an event.
- Provide email discounts/coupons that can be scanned in-store.
- Build a SMS subscriber list.
- Provide easy event registration via email.
A few additional steps are needed if your use case is to provide unique QR codes to each email recipient.
- Prepare a CSV data file to import to Delivra that includes at minimum an email address for each subscriber and unique data value.
- When inserting the QR code into your email design, you will edit the QR code using the editor to merge a field into it. The field you choose should be the field that you imported the unique data to.
This article has been updated to reflect how-to steps in our Air platform. If you're using the legacy platform and need help, please contact email@example.com.