Barcodes are commonly used to include coupons in marketing emails. With our drag-and-drop email editor, you can easily insert a barcode into your email design to create a personalized experience for your email recipients.
To take advantage of barcodes, you will first need to understand if your POS system supports the use of barcodes. If your system can process barcodes, then identify the type of barcode to generate. Here are the barcodes that are currently supported in our email designer:
- Code 128
- Code 11
- Code 39
- EAN 8
- EAN 13
- Code 2 of 5 interleaved
- PDF 417
You will also need to decide if your use case is one-code-for-all or if a unique code needs to be assigned to each subscriber.
When you're ready to insert a barcode using our email editor, follow these steps:
- Drag the "Barcode" element (left) into your design canvas (center).
- Click on the new Barcode row to open the editor on the right.
The barcode editor offers format & style options to customize your barcode, including:
- Adding text to be displayed with the barcode, or merging stored contact profile information.
- Adjust width & height of displayed bar code.
- Select the barcode type that is supported by your POS system.
You can use barcodes in a variety of ways, here are a couple ideas:
- Allow subscribers to redeem an email offer in-store.
- Provide a scannable ticket entry via email to your event attendees.
A few additional steps are needed if your use case is to provide unique barcodes to each email recipient.
- Prepare a CSV data file to import to Delivra that includes at minimum an email address for each subscriber and unique data value.
- When inserting the barcode into your email design, you will edit the barcode using the editor to merge a field into it. The field you choose should be the field that you imported the unique data to.
This article has been updated to reflect how-to steps in our Air platform. If you're using the legacy platform and need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.