What is unique ID processing?
Unique ID refers to system functionality to handle multiple records for one email address. The functionality is unique because to setup it up, a unique identifier must be used that is not email address. When configured for an account, one email address will have multiple records assigned to it. Our automation tool can allow these IDs using the same email address to enter an automation multiple times for different data scenarios.
- Use order ID to send a contact through a post purchase automation to request reviews for each product purchased. The contact could have submitted several orders and needs to be added in the automation for each order.
- Use an account ID to send a contact through a loyalty automation that sends rewards balance and promotional emails. The contact could have several reward accounts tied to the same email address and each unique reward account needs to receive unique emails unique.
- Use an account ID to send a member through a welcome automation or statements automation that sends emails unique to each account. The contact could have multiple accounts and each account needs to receive unique emails.
Automations that need to use unique ID processing will need to use either the Event or Triggered type automation.
When an Automation starts with a triggered segment a setting will be displayed "Allow One Record Per". Change toggle to Unique ID, seen below.
- Unique IDs are available to the Enterprise license.
- The account must have a custom table setup that uses a key that is not email address.
- Triggered automation may only use date fields. Triggered automation does not include category join dates.
- Event automation starting with evaluate contact data can use any field from a custom table.