What is a tag?
You can apply tags to your contact records to help you sort them into mailing lists. An individual contact may have an unlimited number of tags applied—allowing your email subscribers to be grouped in various ways that make sense to you.
When you send an email, you choose one or more tags to identify the target audience to receive it.
Where are tags located?
Tags are located in your Contacts dashboard. Your library provides a listing of the tags that you have historically created. Here you can add new tags, edit or delete existing tags, and even view subscribers with a specific tag applied.
How do contacts get tagged?
There are several ways that contacts can be tagged, including:
- Imported files—Tags can be created or existing tags can be applied to data file imports whether it's a manual upload of a CSV or an automated upload of data via FTP or API.
- Forms—Your preference center and subscribe forms can include tags that your subscribers manage themselves.
- Edit Contact—When editing an individual contact in your account you can add or remove tags.
- Create a tag. One way to create a new tag is from this library. Click on the "Create Tag" button, type in a name for the tag and optionally add a description, then click "Save and Exit".
- View tagged subscribers. To see a list of contacts tagged, from your Tags library hover over a tag and right-click the more options icon, then select "View Subscribers".
- Edit or delete a tag. From your Tags library, hover over a tag and right-click the more options icon, then select delete, to remove it from your account or edit to change the name or description of the tag.
Please also check out these other resources to continue learning.