Improve subscriber trust and deliverability by customizing the domain used to track your email activity and content. Create up to four customizations to support forms, landing pages, click tracking and assets (online version and media files). Walk through a few setup steps, generate and share instructions with your IT team, and then Authenticate the domains in your account.
- Click the Settings icon and select "Account Management" from the menu.
- Then, click the "CName Setup" tile.
- Choose if the CNAME applies to the account or to all accounts on the site.
- Click the "Setup CNames" button, top right of page.
- For each section, enter desired subdomain and brand domain to be used. You may configure up to 4 customized domains for each type: tracking, assets, landing pages, forms. Click the "Save" button, top right of page.
- After "Save" is clicked, IT instruction are generated. These steps must be completed in the DNS records of your domain. Use the "Copy Instructions" button and share instructions with team. You cannot move forward until these steps have been completed. Click "Cancel" to close page at this point.
- Once there is verification from your IT team, return to CName Setup in your account to Authenticate the new subdomains. Each subdomain entered will have a separate “Authenticate” button. When clicked, Delivra makes a call to your domain's DNS to check & verify records.
- If the DNS is missing part of a record or a record does not yet exist, a failure will be displayed. Consult your IT team when this occurs to verify the provided instructions were completed.
- Available to the Professional license or above.
- Access limited to Site administrators.
- If you make a mistake, CNAMEs can be deleted if they have not yet been authenticated. See the drop-down menu on the CNAME Setup listing. If the CNAME has been authenticated, the process to remove it will require billable development time.
- While authentication is in progress, the ‘Authentication in progress’ message will be displayed. Authentication can take up to 5 minutes. If it fails, an ‘Unauthenticated’ message will appear in red. Contact your IT team in the event of an Authentication error. It means that the domain(s) provided in the generated instructions are either incomplete or do not exist.
Article is closed for comments.