Before you are able to make edits to the campaigns within an automation, and the automation is in the "Running" status, you will first need to change the status of the automation to "Stopped". See instructions below for stopping and resuming an automation.
Stop a running automation
1. Navigate to your Automation dashboard.
2. Identify the automation and hover over it to see the Edit drop-down menu.
3. From that menu, select "Change Status".
4. A pop-up will display. Locate "New Status" menu. Select "Stopped" and click "Ok" button.
Resume an automation after changes have been made
1. After you have edited the campaigns within the workflow, be sure to save the changes.
2. When you are ready to resume, or reschedule, follow the steps outlined above to change the status of the automation.
3. In the New Status menu select "Schedule"".
4. From this point your schedule options may vary based on how the automation begins: email, event, trigger. In the image below, these options are for an automation that starts with a triggered campaign:
For this example, the dates should be set for when the automation should resume and how frequently the system checks for contacts to be added to it.
Please see these related help articles: