In the email designer you have the ability to set an image as the background for the entire email message. The image can be modified image using our in-app image editor and styling controls are available that support full width, repeat, and center.
- Open your email template or campaign in the drag-and-drop editor.
- Click into the global style settings seen on the right.
- "Image BG" will allow you to chose an image to display as the background for the entire email design. Click to open your Media Library.
- Click on the existing image in the library and then click the "Insert Image" button.
You can also upload a new image or choose an image from Unsplash in this step.
- Set additional styling for the background image to be displayed at full width of email, repeated, or centered.
If you want the background image for the template to show through each cell, set the template's standard background color to transparent. To do this, open the color picker for the standard background in the global style settings. Check the box for the background to be transparent.
- Background images are also available for Snippets, Forms, and Landing Pages.
- Background images will not display on mobile devices unless the background color is set to transparent.
- Even though our editor supports the ability to include background images, some email clients will strip this code out. We do not offer an across-the-board rendering guarantee for this feature.
This article has been updated to reflect how-to steps in our Air platform. If you're using the legacy platform and need help, please contact email@example.com.