Our triggered automation type provides another way to automate the sending of email from your account through creation of a triggered date clause. This type of Automation also accommodates customers who have a need to handle the same email address in an automation multiple times.*
- In the Automation dashboard, click "Create Automation".
- Enter name and description then select "Triggered" as the type.
- Click the "Save and Next" button to continue to choose a standard or custom workflow template to start your automation.
- The first step in the workflow is an evaluate triggered type step. Click the pencil to edit.
- To build the clause, select whether to Choose Segment (choose a triggered segment from your account), Create Segment (create a new triggered segment now), or Edit Segment (if you've edited this step previously and need to change it). For this example we will create a segment.
- Define the triggered clause. Add additional criteria as separate clauses (optional).
- Save and Test, or Save and then click "ok" to insert the clause into step 1 of the workflow.
- Continue building out the rest of the steps in the Automation.
- Enterprise license with custom tables.
- The triggered clause is based on date fields only.
- Support of Unique ID in automation allow the same email address to be in the automation when multiple data records meet criteria. Example scenarios include the sending of a unique product review email for each item in a customer's order or sending monthly account statements to one email address that holds 3 accounts.
- Unique ID requires a special table with a key that is not email. This is not default functionality. Please contact your Client Success Manager to discuss your eligibility.