The Clickstream integration must be enabled for your account and after enabled, you will need to walk through the set up guide found on the Integrations page inside your account:
1. Click on the Settings icon in your account (top right in navigation bar).
2. Click "Integrations" from the drop-down menu.
3. Locate "Clickstream / Browse Tracking" section.
4. Click "Set up" button to view instructions.
- General Clickstream & Purchase tracking is available to all licenses. Anonymous Clickstream tracking is available at the Enterprise Plus license. If you do not have access to the Set up page, please contact Support or Client Success for assistance.
- When you are ready to go live, you need to turn on the tracking tags for your account. Navigate to Settings > Account Management > General Account Settings. Click on the Settings tab on the left.
Scroll down the page to find the "Tracking" section. Check the box to "add clickstream tracking tags" and Save. This will add the necessary parameters to URLs in campaigns.
- We recommend use of the MetaTagsName parameter to group like pages with a broader tag. This tag can be used in segmentation, lead & contact scoring, and automation evaluations. You may use an unlimited number of tags. For example, when building lead score clauses to adjust scores based on page view data for area rugs, if MetaTagsName is used, you can include a clause to find all pages tagged "area rugs" rather than inserting all specific URLs for pages that contain area rugs on your web site.
- At this time, clickstream tracking is supported for one account at a time. Multiple accounts cannot be configured for the same web pages.