You have an automation finalized and you realize you need to add more contacts to it. The ability to add contacts to an existing automation depends on how the automation was setup to start (regular or triggered campaign, an event, or a triggered clause). See the following notes about when contacts can be added to an automation.
- If the kickoff email is a regular campaign type, and the email HAS NOT been sent yet, then you can add contacts to the segment or category assigned to the kickoff email campaign.
- If the kickoff email was a regular campaign type, and the email HAS been sent, you cannot add contacts to the automation after the fact.
- If the kickoff email is/was a triggered campaign type, whether it has started sending or not, you can add contacts to the triggered segment anytime and they will be picked up in the automation the next time the triggered campaign runs. The same applies to automations that start with an Event or Triggered clause.
- If the automation starts with a Triggered Segment, you will need to add contact records to the account that match the criteria of the segment. When new contacts match the segment criteria, they will be pulled into the automation.
- If the automation starts with an Event, you will add contacts to the account that will match the event criteria. When new contacts match the event criteria, they will be pulled into the automation.