This Google Analytics integration allows you to see sent email traffic on your website, reported in your Google Analytics account. When enabled, the integration will append Google Analytics "utm" parameters to the links in your sent campaigns. This integration is available for clients on any license.
The following (default) parameters will be passed:
Utm_source = delivra
Utm_medium = ‘email’ when the link is in an email, and ‘sms’ when the link is in a text message
Utm_campaign = campaign name
Utm_id = campaign id
Utm_term = tooltip specified for the link
To enable Google Analytics Tracking Tags in your account follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select "Account Management" from the drop-down.
- Select "General Account Settings".
- Then click "Settings" on the left menu.
- Scroll down the page to locate and check "Add Google Analytics Tracking Tags".
- Click "Save".
- If you have created any campaigns prior to enabling Google Analytics Tracking Tags, please open those campaigns and click "Save" in order for the tracking parameters to be applied.
- It's important to note not all clickthroughs in Delivra will match one to one with the activity reported in your Google Analytics account. The following are a couple of reasons why:
- Visitors may have their cookies disabled or may use Incognito/Private mode in their browser.
- Statistics that get reported as (direct)/(none) under Source in Google Analytics are most likely attributed to email.
- There can be a Google Analytics filter preventing traffic data from appearing. Incorrect filter setup can prevent Google Analytics from showing all website traffic.
See this help article about customizing UTM tags: How do I customize Google Analytics Tracking Tags?