Merge tags allow you to dynamically insert data into your email. Utilizing a merge tag makes the received email unique to the recipient. A common example is inserting a merge tag for the First Name demographic field to address each recipient of your email with a greeting (Hi, Stephanie!).
1. Open any draft Campaign or create a new Campaign. Open the drag-and-drop editor in step 2: Design.
2. Click into a Text type section, place cursor where you want to insert the merge tag.
3. Locate and click the Merge Tag icon on the toolbar. (right)
4. Select available field from the menu by clicking on it.
5. The field's merge tag will be visible in the text block.
6. When the campaign sends the recipient will see their unique information.
1. While merge tags allow for easy personalization, be certain that you have accurate data for the Contacts that will receive the mailing. Most recipients do appreciate the personal touch... until they realize the data is wrong or incomplete.
2. We recommend you add a default value to the fields you intend to merge into emails. This default value will be shown if a recipient of an email does not have a value in the field in your database. You can set default values for your fields in Contacts > Configuration > Configure Fields. Edit the contact field and enter a value in "merge options" box.
You can also utilize merge tags in your Subject line to personalize the email to your recipient!
Article is closed for comments.