If you have a Personalized URL attached to each contact, you can merge this unique link into your email campaign using a merge tag.
Setup a contact field
You will first need to map the personalized URL to a field. To do so:
- Navigate to the Contacts Dashboard.
- Choose 'Configuration' from the left-hand navigation. Select 'Configure Fields'
- Select either an open "Comment" or "Unicode Text" field to edit as they allow the most characters.
- Hover over the field to select "Edit".
- For "Alias", give this the name you would like to be displayed for the field in the UI.
- Click 'Save'.
Update contact records with PURL data
Once you have create a field for the PURL, you will now need to upload contacts with their Personalized URL data.
- Create your CSV file with a column titled the name of the field for your personalized URL.
- Import your saved .csv file and map to the necessary fields. (Map the personalized URL field to the contact field name you edited in part 1).
Merge the PURL field into your email
Once the contacts have been imported with their own URL attached to them, you can now utilize the necessary merge tag in your email so that the future campaign will have a Personalized URL for your subscriber.
- Create a new campaign, open a draft campaign or open your email template.
- Highlight the text, image, or button that you want to link to the PURL
- Select the Hyperlink button on the Editing Tool bar on the right side
- In the Web Address bar, place the merge tag associated with your Personalized URL field
- This will merge in the Personalized URL living in the demographic field.
Article is closed for comments.