There may be instances where you need to evaluate several values in a demographic field for a segment. You can save time using the IN or NOT IN operators when building your segment. (IN means you're looking for the values entered; NOT IN means you're looking for anything but the values entered)
For an example, let's say we want to find all contacts NOT IN the states of Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky.
1. Go to Segments and click 'Regular' from the left navigation
2. Enter name and description for the segment
3. Click the 'Choose a Clause' button
4. Select 'Text' (as the State demographic field is a text type field)
5. Select the State field from the top drop-down menu
6. Select 'NOT IN' from the operator drop-down menu
7. Enter applicable value and click the Add button (there is also an import available)
8. Repeat for each value
9. Click 'Ok'
10. Click 'Save and Test' to see your results
IN and NOT IN operators are available for text or numeric fields only.