Segments can be developed based on a multitude of demographic and behavioral tidbits of subscriber data, allowing you to hone in on specific audiences you want to reach. While segmented lists are extremely beneficial, they can often become complex, especially if many of your segments utilize the same sets of conditions when building them.
Using our Segment Snippets feature, it is easier than ever to create simple, reusable segment clauses that can also be included in both regular and triggered segment types. Building a Segment Snippet is similar to creating Regular or Trigger segments in that you build and save clauses.
Create a Segment Snippet-
1. Go to Segments dashboard, click on 'Snippets' under the More Options menu (left).
2. Enter Name and Description for Segment Snippet.
3. Click 'Choose a Clause' menu
4. Build a clause as you normally would in a Regular or Triggered Segment
5. Click Save and Test, or Save.
Add a Segment Snippet to a Regular or Triggered segment-
1. In your Segments dashboard, either open an existing Segment, or create a new segment from left menu.
2. Click the Segment Snippet icon (right)
3. Check the box (left) for the desired Segment Snippet
4. Click 'Ok' button to pull the snippet into your Regular or Triggered segment.
(1) Segment Snippets are available to Professional, Commerce and Agency licenses. Please contact your Client Success Manager to request access to this feature.
(2) Segment Snippets can be edited after being selected to include in your Regular or Triggered segment. Changes to the snippet after selection will not be reflected in the original snippet created.