Segments can be developed based on a multitude of demographic and behavioral tidbits of subscriber data, allowing you to hone in on specific audiences you want to reach. While segmented lists are extremely beneficial, they can often become complex, especially if many of your segments utilize the same sets of conditions when building them.
Using our Segment Snippets feature, it is easier than ever to create simple, reusable segment clauses that can also be included in both regular and triggered segment types. Building a Segment Snippet is similar to creating Regular or Trigger segments in that you build and save clauses.
Create a Segment Snippet-
1. Go to Contacts dashboard and click on 'Segments'. Choose the Create Email Segment button at the top-right of the page and select "Snippet Segment" from the pop-up menu.
2. Enter Snippet Name and Description for Segment Snippet.
3. Open the Select Field drop-down and search for your demographic field.
4. Build a clause as you normally would in a Regular or Triggered Segment
5. Click Save and Test, or Save on the top right.
Add a Segment Snippet to a Regular or Triggered segment-
1. In your Segments tab, either open an existing Segment, or create a new segment from left menu.
2. Click the Segment Snippet icon (right)
3. Check the box (left) for the desired Segment Snippet
4. Click 'Ok' button to pull the snippet into your Regular or Triggered segment.
(1) Segment Snippets are available to Professional, Enterprise and Agency licenses. Please contact your Client Success Manager to request access to this feature.
(2) Segment Snippets can be edited after being selected to include in your Regular or Triggered segment. Changes to the snippet after selection will not be reflected in the original snippet created.