Segments can be developed based on a multitude of demographic and behavioral tidbits of subscriber data, allowing you to hone in on specific audiences you want to reach. While segmented lists are extremely beneficial, they can often become complex to build, especially if many of your segments utilize the same sets of conditions.
Using our Segment Snippets feature it is easier than ever to create simple, reusable segment clauses that can also be included in both regular and triggered segment types.
Create a Segment Snippet
- Go to Contacts dashboard and click on "Segments" from the left menu. Click the "Create Email Segment" button at the top-right of the page and then select "Snippet Segment" from the pop-up menu.
- Enter a Snippet Name and Description.
- Click open the "Select field" menu to build a clause as you normally would in a Regular or Triggered Segment.
- A Segment Snippet may only contain one clause.
- If you have never created segments in Delivra before now, we suggest visiting our e-Learning hub to learn more about his feature.
- Click Save and Test (to see results of the snippet), or Save (to save it to the library).
Add a Segment Snippet to a Regular or Triggered segment
- Open an existing Segment, or create a new segment from left menu.
- When you are ready to add-in the Segment Snippet, click the Segment Snippet icon seen on the right in the segment builder.
- Your library of Segment Snippets will open. Check the box (left) for the desired Segment Snippet. You may select more than one snippet in this step.
- Click the "Ok" button to insert the snippet(s) into your Regular or Triggered segment.
- Availability of Segment Snippets are based on license. Please contact your Client Success Manager to request access to this feature.
- Segment Snippet clauses can be edited after they are inserted to include in your Regular or Triggered segment. Changes to the snippet after selection will not be reflected in the original snippet created.
- Edits to a snippet in the snippet library after the snippet has been used in a segment will not be reflected. You will need to also edit the segment where the snippet is referenced in order for changes to be reflected.