Although Delivra does not provide consulting expertise on how to use Salesforce for your business, the following recommendations are provided to assist with setting up the integration.
- Prior to installing the Delivra Integration application, identify the following:
- All Salesforce users that should have access to the Delivra-specific features. These users will need to be added to the Public Group that’s created during the installation process ('DelivraUsers').
- All Salesforce page layouts that should have access to the Delivra-specific features. These will need to be selected in Delivra when accessing the Configure Salesforce page.
- All Salesforce data fields that should be synced with Delivra, and the expected sync direction (one way, Salesforce to ESP; or, two way). Any data field that Salesforce should control updates to should be defined as one-way.
- Delivra data fields that should be synced with Salesforce, and the expected sync direction (one way, ESP to Salesforce; or, two way). Any data field that Delivra should control updates to should be defined as one-way.
- The initial installation process will add the current user to the ‘DelivraUsers’ Public Group. After the installation is complete, be sure to access the ‘DelivraUsers’ Public Group in Salesforce and add any Salesforce user that should have access to the Delivra-specific features.
- When mapping data, utilize the following approach:
- All lead and contact data fields should be mapped to the corresponding Delivra contact field. This will allow data captured from preference centers and subscribe forms to be synced with Salesforce.
- All owner, account and custom object data should be mapped to an extended table, which is accomplished by selecting New Field when mapping the data. This data can not be directly updated by Delivra, but can be used by Delivra in views, segments, merge tags, etc.