Use triggered segments and campaigns to send birthday and other anniversary messages to contacts automatically.
Navigate to Contacts > Segments
- Choose Create Triggered Segment from the drop-down at the top-right.
- Give your segment a name and description
- Click choose clause and select "Date" from the drop-down
- Choose the date you want to use in the Contact date field drop down (in this example, I am using Birthday)
- Under Send on, select Anniversary and click Ok
- Click Save and Test to complete your segment and verify it is pulling contacts correctly
- This Segment can then be used to create a triggered campaign that will send automatically on the contact's Birthday.
Note: The reason you don't want to choose Exact Date and Time is that the system will take the year into consideration. You will typically use Exact Date and Time for welcome segments, category join segments, etc.
Learn more about Triggered Campaigns here.