Get your emails noticed and opened using Dynamic Subject lines. You can easily personalize subject lines based on demographic information or categories and display what is most relevant to the segmented audience audiences receiving your emails.
1. Choose the demographic fields (or categories) you are going to utilize for dynamic Subject lines. Examples: Display Subject line by Industry or if subscribers are in the Volunteer category.
2. Populate your contacts with appropriate values stored in the demographic field or populate to the categories that will be used. Examples: Import a CSV file to update the gender demographic field or to add contacts to a category.
1. Create a new campaign or edit an existing draft campaign.
2. In Step 1, click the "Make Conditional" button next to the Subject Line text box:
3. Set a Default Subject line. This ensures any contact that does not meet the dynamic conditions setup will see a Subject line.
4. In the "Or display" box, build conditional statements. Select your demographic field, operator and value.
- If other conditions are needed for the group, click "Add Condition".
- If more groups are needed click "Add New Group". Click Ok when done.
1. Be sure to test. Run test campaigns to contacts that have matching criteria for the conditional statements of the Subject line(s).
2. Additionally, you can preview Subject line displays using specific email addresses in Step 4: Preview of the Create a Campaign Workflow:
1. When working with multiple clauses for your subject line criteria, you'll want to pay attention to the "Match" setting. If the recipient should match all layers of criteria, set to "All". If the recipient should match one, set to "Any".
2. You may also build dynamic Subject lines based on category subscription of your recipients. In the insert field drop-down locate the "Categories" section and click "Category Membership" to identify the category.