Get your emails noticed and opened using Dynamic Subject lines. You can easily personalize subject lines based on demographics and display what is most relevant to your segmented audiences.
- Choose the demographic fields you are going to utilize for Dynamic Subject lines
- Example: Display Subject line by gender.
- Populate your contacts with appropriate values stored in the demographic field
- Example: Import a CSV file to update the gender demographic field.
- Set Dynamic Subject line with your content:
- Click on your content file name
- Click the INFO tab (on right)
- Click on the Dynamic Subject line icon (screenshot #1 below).
- Set a Default Subject line. This ensures any contact that does not meet the dynamic conditions setup will see a Subject line. (screenshot #2 below)
- Build conditional statements. Select Field, Operator and Value. If other conditions are needed, build each group. Click Save when done.
- Be sure to test. Populate a test group that you can send mailings to in order to verify the Subject line is populating as expected.
# 1 Dynamic Subject line icon:
#2 Setup default and alternate Subject, with criteria
When working with multiple clauses for your subject line criteria, you'll want to pay attention to the "Match" setting. If the recipient should match all layers of criteria, set to "All". If the recipient should match one, set to "Any".