Our segmentation tool allows you to use contact behavior to target them for future campaign.
Using the open field in our Action clauses when building a regular segment will retrieve only contacts who received but opened or did not open a campaign. (Other Action options include click, did not click, purchased, did not purchase, viewed and did not view.)
- Go to the Contacts dashboard
- Choose Segments from the left-hand navigation
- Click Create a Regular Segment on the top-right of the page
- Assign your segment a name and a description
- Open the Select a Field drop-down menu and scroll to the Action section (it is at the top).
- Choose desired action from the Action menu drop-down
- Click the Mailings menu drop-down
- Select desired mailing from the left (Available side) and use arrow to push it to the right (Selected side). You can select more than one.
Note: You can also choose a specific environment for the action including Mobile, Desktop, Web.
- You may also choose to be more specific and select that the contact took the desired action Before a certain date or Within a certain amount of days.
- Click "OK" to insert
- Click "Save & Test" to save the segment and return results
1. Some subscribers may have their tracking preferences set to "Not Allowed". In these instances, we are not tracking behaviors like opens and clicks, which will cause those users to fall into the "did not open" or "did not click" segment even if they did. For total accuracy, you may consider adding in a text clause noting tracking does not equal "Not Allowed".
2. Purchase and browse clauses are limited to license and integrations in use.
3. Learn more about this, and other Segment clauses here.