Our segmentation tool allows you to use contact behavior to target them for future campaign.
Using the open field in our Action clauses when building a regular segment will retrieve only contacts who received but opened or did not open a campaign. (Other Action options include click, did not click, purchased, did not purchase, viewed and did not view.)
- Navigate to the Contacts dashboard.
- Choose "Segments" from the left-hand navigation.
- Click the "Create Email Segment" button at the top-right.
- Choose Regular or Triggered Segment from the pop-up, depending on if this is a segment for a regular, dedicated send or a triggered campaign (triggered off of a date or action taken). In this example, we will choose Regular.
- Give your segment a name (no special characters) and an optional description.
- Open the Select a Field drop-down menu and scroll to the Action section (it is at the top).
- Choose desired action from the Action menu drop-down by clicking on it. In this example, we will choose Did Not Open from the menu. A pop-up will open to complete building the clause.
- After action has been selected, a pop-up will display to complete the clause:
- Action. Chosen action clause from the previous step.
- On Environment. Narrow results by choosing a specific environment for the action including Mobile, Desktop, Web.
- Mailings. Choose the campaign for the action clause, or leave as Any to include all campaigns.
- Only include recipients of selected mailing(s). By default is selected to ensure that the clause is limited to only contacts who were sent the selected campaigns. It is not typical to deselect this box.
- Anytime. Set a timeframe for the action to have occurred.
- Click open the Mailings menu drop-down menu in the pop-up. Select desired mailing from the Available side (left column) and use arrow to push it to the Selected side (right column). You can select more than one campaign.
- Use the "Anytime" drop-down menu to narrow a window of time for the desired action.
- Click "OK" to insert the clause into the segment builder.
- Click the "Save & Test" button. Testing the segment will run the clause(s) to pull the list of contacts that meet the criteria. Easily verify results by clicking on column header names to sort data on-screen or use the export option to see a full list in Excel.
- Some subscribers may have their tracking preferences set to "Not Allowed". In these instances, we are not tracking behaviors like opens and clicks, which will cause those users to fall into the "did not open" or "did not click" segment even if they did. For total accuracy, you may consider adding in a text clause noting tracking does not equal "Not Allowed".
- Purchase and View clauses are limited by license and integrations in use. For more information, please contact our Client Success team.
Please see this segment article to learn about setting a time limit on action clause segments.
Visit our e-Learning hub for online modules to learn more about Segments & other Delivra features.