Our segmentation tool allows you to use contact behavior to target them for future mailings. Using the Action clause when building a regular segment will retrieve only contacts who received but opened or did not open a mailing. (Other Action options include click, did not click, purchased, did not purchase, browsed and did not browse.)
- Go to Segments
- Click Regular (left)
- Assign your segment a name and a description
- Click "Choose a Clause"
- Click "Action"
- Choose desired action from the Action menu drop-down
- Click the Mailings menu drop-down
- Select desired mailing from the left (Available side) and use arrow to push it to the right (Selected side)
- Click "OK" to insert
- Click "Save & Test" to save the segment and return results
NOTE: Some subscribers may have their tracking preferences set to "Not Allowed". In these instances, we are not tracking behaviors like opens and clicks, which will cause those users to fall into the "did not open" or "did not click" segment even if they did. For total accuracy, you may consider adding in a text clause noting tracking does not equal "Not Allowed".
Learn more about this, and other Segment clauses here.