Creating a category can be done in a couple of ways. A category can be created the Contacts dashboard (found in the left-side navigation) or it can be done during a CSV import.
a. From the Contacts dashboard-
- Choose Categories from the left-hand navigation.
- Click the "Create Category" action button at the top-right of the page.
- Enter new category name and description, click Save.
- To organize: Simply drag and drop the new category into a folder.
b. During .CSV import-
- Navigate to Contacts > choose Import Email Contacts button, top-right.
- Follow the normal contact import process.
- On the third step of the process (Define Import Rules) check the "create new category" box and name the category.
- A new category will be created and all the contacts in this file will be imported into that category.
A temporary category lasts for 30 days. Once you import contacts into a temporary category, you cannot add additional contacts after the fact into it.